AUD $4.80 GST INC.
Vliesofix, also known as Bondaweb, is a paper-backed, double-sided adhesive web, used mainly for fixing in place fabric for applique.
It can be used with almost all fabrics, raffia, cardboard, and (at lower temperatures) leather, is washable in temperatures of up to 60 °C, and is dry cleanable.
How to use Vliesofix:
- Trace the outline of the shape onto a piece of vliesofix and cut it out.
- Position on the back of your fabric (rough side down), ensuring that there are no creases in the fabric.
- Iron the paper & fabric using a medium-hot iron (60°C maximum), without steam, for about 5 seconds. Make sure your iron is not to hot for the fabric you’ve chosen.
- Cut out the shape and peel the paper from the back of your fabric.
- Iron the item you are applying applique to.
- Position your fabric shape onto it, coated side down and iron on.
- The manufacturers’ instructions suggest that you use a damp cloth between the iron and fabric, but I’ve had good results without this.
Leave flat for about 20 minutes, allowing the glue to set properly
- Now, sew around the shape either by hand or machine, and you’re done
We charge a flat rate of $15.70 except for 100cm x 100m backing rolls. We increase the flat rate without notifying our customers when Australia Post increases postage charges
Most of our orders weigh 1 – 3kg and our flat rate is based on what Australia Post charges us for 1 – 3kg.
We refund the difference if the freight costs less than the flat rate.
If it is safe to do so and if you give us an instruction to leave goods at your door or somewhere safe (preferably where it is not visible from the street), we have options to find the best freight cost rate (either Courier or Post service).
For more details including refund amount, please visit Ordering page.
Please let us know if you don’t receive our tracking email. If you don’t immediately receive an email from us, you could check your junk mailbox, as sometimes legitimate mail finds its way there.